Expansion is inevitable and Toronto is one of the fastest growing cities who can only expand outwards or upwards. I was driving by the Jane & Highway 7 intersection and ran across an interesting sign. A sign that we are always on the look-out for: a New Condo sign. The project is named 7 City Centre and it is located in the heart of Vaughan. And on a side note, only a few blocks away from my office at Re/Max Premier.
But this sign wasn’t just any Condo. No it was a massive Condo project with 5 Towers that are 34 and 35 stories high. Thousands of new units will become available but interestingly enough, I had never heard of this project. In downtown Toronto, I know of Condos scheduled for 2020 but for Vaughan I am just now hearing of a 2000 suite Condo community that is scheduled for occupancy in 2013!!!. The marketing really needs to kick in for this project.
Although its marketing is lacking thus far, that is not to say the condo will be a flop. On the contrary, there are a lot of benefits that I see to this project.
- It is walking distance to the subway which will go up to Jane & Highway 7 in 2015.
- It is a mixed use project. Tons of residential plus commercial space to make this community thrive.
- Vaughan is predicted to be one of Canada’s best Investment cities according to the Real Estate Investment Network.
- You’re beside two highways: Highway 407 & Highway 400. Three if you include Highway 7.
- It is designed by Kirkor Architects. The same architects that have designed many of the Toronto Condos.
- Subway will go straight to York University and Downtown Toronto. (And I’m guessing that it’s only a matter of time before it goes to Vaughan Mills)